Data Science Recruitment Tips – First Contact
Hiring Data Scientists can be tough in today’s candidate driven market. The best individuals will be constantly approached and have many suitors for their employment.
The initial contact you have with an individual can be make or break as to whether you can manage to even get him into interview.
It is crucial therefore that the individual making this initial contact is able to speak their language and have empathy with their working life. A poor initial call or email can really detract from your brand
Here are a few tips to ensure that you make this initial contact a successful one:
- Understand how Data is being used at your organisation and what strategic value it is driving. The best candidates will want to understand this very quickly and if you can’t answer this sufficiently they will move on quickly
- Ideally have specific figures on hand to show how data is driving business results
- Be aware of what platforms and tools your company is using to enable Data Science
- Make sure you are able to articulate reporting lines in the company and exactly where Data Science sits in terms of the companies organisation structure. This is often crucial to whether Data Science projects fail or succeed and the best candidates will want to understand this
- Be able to talk confidently of companies training programs for Data Scientists
- Understand the background and achievements of the leaders of the Data Science functions in the business. The best candidates will be attracted to leaders with a strong track record of doing valuable and technically advanced work
If you can talk confidently on all of the above to a Data Scientist that might be interested in joining your business, it will give you a huge advantage over other companies in the race to bring that individual to the hiring table.
Get more Data Science Recruitment tips here – https://wyatt.partners/2013/how-to-spot-a-data-scientist-look-for-the-holy-trinity/