Head of Data EngineeringRapid Growth Gaming Firm
Head of Data Engineering
Rapid Growth Gaming FirmApply Now
£100,000 - £120,000 + bonus & benefits package
A rapid growth gaming firm have created a new role for a Head of Data Engineering.
The Head of Data Engineering will work in a Data Rich Testing environment, and be will be tasked with building their own team to help deploy cutting edge Machine Learning techniques in a number of different areas of the company.
Reporting into the Head of Data Science & working closely with the CTO and Software Engineering team, the Head of Data Engineering in the first 18 months will also be responsible for:
- Building the Companies Big Data Lake
- Pushing out various cutting edge Data Science Models
- Infrastructure Management around the huge Volumes of Data being collected
This role would suit an ambitious Data Engineer coming from a background of either working in a fast growth scale up company, or someone who has worked within a large corporate who has an appetite for taking on more responsibility and autonomy and building tech & a team from scratch.
The Head of Data Engineering will require the following experience:
- Quant Degree such as Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering etc
- Software Development experience in Python or Scala
- An understanding of Big Data technologies such as Spark, messaging services like Kafka or RabbitMQ, and workflow management tools like Airflow
- SQL & NoSQL expertise, ideally including Postgres, Redis, MongoDB etc
- Experience with AWS, and with tools like Docker & Kubernetes
As well as this you will be someone willing to take risks to succeed, even if it means failing a few times. You will be ambitious and excited by the prospect of joining a rapid growth and unique gaming firm, and with the right human qualities to thrive in an unstructured fast growth environment.
Send your CV to apply for the Head of Data Engineering role, or get in touch with us if you’d prefer a confidential chat prior to application.