Head of Data ScienceMedia Publisher
Head of Data Science
Media PublisherApply Now
to £120,000 + bonus (12.5%) & benefits
Head of Data Science required by a Media Publishing company to head up and grow a Data Science team. The team will be focused on Machine Learning & Statistical Analysis techniques to develop impactful solutions for the business.
Initially you will lead a small team of Data Scientists, with strong growth forecast for the coming year.
Allied to team growth you will also be responsible for developing Data Science production process within the business, with a view to creating an Agile work environment which can have optimal impact
Given their nature as a publishing business experience of applying NLP expertise is of crucial importance to this hire.
Head of Data Science:
– Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, Random Forests, etc.
– Experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python
– Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL on a big data platform e.g. Hadoop, Hive
– Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
– Good scripting and programming skills
It would be desirable for the successful candidate to come from a Media or Publishing background ideally, although we will accept applications from aligned sectors.