Head of EngineeringConsulting
Head of Engineering
Extremely competitive + Generous Equity component
A leading global consulting business in Process Automation are looking for a Head of Engineering to be a leading player in the Services side of their business.
The company are seen as a leading business in the real commercial application of Artificial Intelligence in Companies, having had models productionised in over 300 companies globally.
The Head of Engineering will lead a talented Engineering team of 8 people on the services side of the company. You’ll be responsible for setting processes & standards for the team and leading client relationships from an Engineering perspective being heavily involved in both Pre & Post sales.
The team you’d lead are made up of PhD level Engineers who most work in Python to deploy Machine Learning Models. (They also work with Scala & react.js) This team will double over next 12 months.
- Mid term career progression could see you take on a wider team of Data Scientist as well,
- Longer term it would be to step into the CTO role within the Services business which is a role that will become available
- Experienced software engineering background – experience both front and back end applications. Should still be a hands on Coder
- Fairly agnostic to Languages but ideally will have experience with either Python, R, Scala, C++, Java etc
- Experience at leading / mentoring a team of more Junior Engineers
- Strong commercial communication skills who can lead relationships with commercial stakeholders up to C-Level, distilling the complex into simple business language
- Knowledge to provide thought leadership in the Cloud & Machine Learning space
Although this will be still a fairly heavy hands on element to this role initially, as the team grows and responsibility of the incumbent grows this element will become less.
Please apply by sending your CV now.